Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) will offer a free ride to anyone wearing a First Night Monterey New Year’s Eve celebration button starting at 3:00 PM on December 31, 2016. On New Year’s Eve, MST bus lines will operate a Saturday schedule. After normal operating schedules have ended, MST will provide additional service in association with the First Night New Year’s celebrations as follows:
For those wearing First Night buttons, free rides are available on all operating MST lines, including MST RIDES ADA paratransit service, beginning at 3 PM. MST also offers a park-and-ride option from Del Monte Center. Park at Del Monte Center and catch a ride to the Monterey Transit Plaza in downtown Monterey free between 3:00 PM and 1:00 AM. Buses operate every 10 minutes.
Getting home (from the Monterey Transit Plaza):
- · Shuttle to Del Monte Center: Return trips every 10 minutes until 1:00 AM.
- · New Monterey: Board lines 1 or 2. Last trip departs at 1:00 AM.
- · Pacific Grove: For service to Forest Hill and downtown Pacific Grove, board lines 1 or 2. Last bus departs at 1:00 AM.
- · Carmel and Carmel Valley: Board line 24 Carmel Rancho with the last trip departing at 12:45 AM. Trips leaving the Monterey Transit Plaza at 12:20 AM and 12:45 AM will continue to Carmel Valley upon request.
- · Seaside and Sand City: Board JAZZ A Sand City via Hilby with the last regularly-scheduled trip departing at 2:30 AM. Or board JAZZ B Sand City via Broadway with the last trip departing at 12:45 AM.
- · Marina and Salinas: For direct service to Salinas via Marina board line 20 with the last trip departing at 12:45 AM. Service to the CSUMB Quad, Preston Park, and Schoonover Park available upon request for Line 20 trips leaving Monterey Transit Plaza after midnight. Upon arrival at the Salinas Transit Center, buses will continue to Northridge shopping center via line 49 upon request. MST’s regularly-scheduled Saturday line 20 will operate from Sand City Station until 2:49 AM. Catch JAZZ A at Monterey Transit Plaza to access this service.
- · MST RIDES: ADA paratransit service will be available by reservation within three-quarters of a mile of any of the above fixed-route service for those registered in the program.
For the safety and convenience of our passengers, all MST buses will be free to everyone after midnight. All regularly-scheduled and supplemental service is intended for use by First Night Monterey attendees as well as the general public.
For more information, visit www.mst.org or call Monterey-Salinas Transit toll free at 1-888-MST-BUS1.