Major actions taken by the Council at its regular meeting on October 5, 2016 include:
• Recognized both Don Mothershead and Faith Piraro for 35 and 25 years of service respectively, to the City of Pacific Grove.
• Held a second reading and adopted an ordinance to amend the PGMC Chapter 6.06, Section 6.06.055 to increase the City Manager’s authority to act on claims against the City from under $15,000 to under $35,000, and to allow the City Manager authority to reject claims in any amount that are deemed not to be a proper charge against the City, and to modify Council Policy No. 000-7 accordingly.
• Held a second reading and adopted an ordinance amending the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget and establishing a special revenue fund and budget for the Coastal Conservancy Grant.
• Held a second reading and adopted an ordinance amending the fiscal year 2016-17 budget to: reallocate 1 full time equivalent (FTE) from Engineering Technician to Program Manager, increase .5 FTE Administrative Technician to 1 FTE and establish 4 FTE positions on loan.
• Received a report on Monterey County Elections Office estimate of costs to add a measure to a regular consolidated election.
• Authorized the City Manager to amend the agreement with Tope’s Tree Service, Inc. to increase tree maintenance services by $25,000 for the fiscal year.
• Introduced and held a first reading of an ordinance to adopt the 2016 Edition of the California Building Standards Codes and the 2015 International Property Maintenance Code, as amended, and directed a summary of a proposed ordinance be published as approved by the City Attorney.
• Introduced and held a first reading of an ordinance to amend the salary classification schedule to: (1) modify the salary ranges for Police Sergeant, Police Corporal, Police Officer, Police Reserve Officer I, Police Reserve Officer II, and Police Reserve Officer III; (2) approve the amendment; and (3) directed that a summary of a proposed ordinance be published as approved by the City Attorney.
• Approved submission of a letter to the Pebble Beach Company regarding proposed minor modifications to an inclusionary housing project.
• Approved the Pacific Grove Highway 68 Study Report and adopted the report’s recommendations.
The agenda reports and supporting documents for all of these actions are on the City’s website at http://www.cityofpacificgrove.org. Details of the actions taken will also be available upon completion and adoption of the meeting minutes, which will also be posted on the website.