Major actions taken by the Council at its regular meeting on February 17, 2016 include:
• Held second reading and adopted an ordinance establishing speed limits on specific streets for enforcement by the use of radar or other electronic devices.
• Held second reading and adopted an ordinance amending Municipal Code Chapter 15.16.045 – Sidewalk Seating and Sidewalk Dining.
• Approved recommended use of previously collected donations from the Library Stewardship Committee account and City of Pacific Grove Funds 07 and 31 for capital improvements scoped out within the Library Renewal Project.
• Authorized the Interim City Manager to award a purchase order with Cypress Coast Ford for the purchase of one 2016 Ford Explorer Interceptor, to be assigned to the Chief of Police, in the amount of $33,639
• Received minutes from the following Boards, Commissions and Committees: Business Improvement District, Golf Links Advisory, Historic Preservation Ordinance Adhoc and Planning.
• Received the 2016-21 Five-Year Fiscal Forecast, the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget Schedule, an updated Fiscal Analysis and Diagnostic, and provided direction.
• Approved a resolution authorizing the Interim City Manager to enter into an agreement with Fall Creek Engineering, Inc. to prepare the updated Pacific Grove ASBS Compliance Plan, in an amount not to exceed $80,915, approve an agreement with the City of Monterey for the reimbursement of $30,915 toward the Plan, and authorize the Interim City Manager to make minor improvements to the agreement as issues arise.
• Received a report regarding utility bill assistance and provided feedback.
• Authorized the Interim City Manager to enter into a reimbursement agreement with Domaine Hospitalities, LLC proponents for Project Bella to cover costs of the preparation and management of an Environmental Impact Report, and additional costs associated with the acceleration of City’s Local Coastal Program.
• Received an update from CalPERS Subcommittee.
• Received a report regarding Pension Finances from Councilmember Peake.
The agenda reports and supporting documents for all of these actions are on the City’s website, at http://www.cityofpacificgrove.org.